I’ve designed this travel bow with one thing in mind: making travels easier for today’s cellists. As you know, customs set restrictions on materials that are used in bow making (ivory, mother-of-pearl, some leathers, etc…). These decisions have made travelling more and more difficult for musicians. No one wants to have its bow seized or damaged because of check-in-procedures! That’s why I offer you a bow without any of these composites, but in keeping with the usual bow-making qualities.
Soloist / Concert bow
Strasbourg – France
Travel cello bow
Designed to be free from all customs issues, this bow gets down to basics.
To begin with, every stick I carve is selected from very nice pieces of Pernambuco. They are chosen them for their acoustics, aesthetics and mechanics.
The frog is simple, not adorned with mother-of-pearl or any other decoration. As for the thumbpieces, they are in shagreen leather, a material that is both resistant and easy to find because it is not so much used.
Then this model is fitted with a silver tip wrapped in a fine, high-quality ebony strip.
Finally, the wrapping, lining, button and eyelet on the bow are all silver mounted. Of course, I can make a gold mounting if you want one.
A top-of-the-range vegan bow
Obviously the standard model I offer is not vegan. However, it takes only a few changes to make a fully vegan bow, such as fitting Coruss hair and a vegan leather thumbpiece.
If this is important for you, feel free to ask me about it!
Classical or modern camber
In order to suit various styles, bows are available in two different tension models:
- The classical camber is after Tourte’s bows. Their bow’s legatois incredibly smooth and they display a great fullness of sound.
- Then you have the modern camber after Sartory’s bows. It offers very quick spring and response, as well as a great bite.
A stick matching your needs
Each Pernambuco sticks is selected to answer your needs in the best way possible. This is why I offer you three main choices:
- Brightness: the very quick response of this stick will give a most precise and clear sound to your cello
- Balance: the perfect compromise between clarity and fullness
- Fullness of sound: this rather flexible stick displays a smooth play and a very full sound.
Your travel cello bow
Each bow is made just for you. Hence the possibilities are endless. Feel free to contact me now so that we find out what you need.
Moreover, each bow comes along a certificate of authenticity.