This kevlar tailpiece fastener allows you to easily fit the tailpiece and the enpin of your violin together. Made of strong yet flexible material.
Diameter / Length
1.5mm / 250mm
Kevlar violin tailpiece fastener description
This Kevlar tailpiece fastener is first and foremost made for violins. Its dimensions are specifically tailored to violins. This makes it easy to install on all existing violin tailpieces on the market, as it will fit all bore diameters. Made of 12-filament braided Kevlar, this product is highly resistant and flexible and can resist up to 350kg of tension (there are about 25g of tension on modern violins). Additionally, this material is highly resistant to acid, oils and solvents.
- Tailpiece adjuster length: 250mm
- Diameter: 1.5mm
- Extension under tension: 1%.
- It’s quite simple to install and requires very few tools.
- Its narrow design allows for the tailpiece to be lowered slightly (if the arch of your violin allows it). This can increase the tension (and even the power) of the strings.
- Its very flexible structure allows proper contact with the tailpiece, even if the holes are crooked or dirty. Thus producting a more powerful sound, thanks to its perfect placement.
Luthier’s review on the Kevlar tailpiece adjuster
The significance of this tailpiece adjuster is debatable, as the material used for the adjustor is a matter of personal preference. That said, Kevlar is known for its strength, stability and performance, which is why it has become the go-to option for many professionals. It may be worthwhile to experiment with this on your instrument if you are looking for more clarity in your overall sound.
If you’d like to install it yourself, here is a video tutorial on how to do it. Although it is optimal of course to have a professional install it.